Academic Records and Certification
Montessori School handles the paperwork for the academic records and certification of diplomas for all of its students. Because we are a British educational centre, we receive our students’ official documentation from the British educational system and the school is in charge of everything related to the students’ academic records: the file, emission, request, organisation, and processing of the certification of studies and access to university.
The school’s technical team coordinates all of these processes in direct contact with the Ministry of Education and Office of Education Inspection of the Autonomous Community of Madrid.
Certification of studies
Diploma of Obligatory Secondary Education
When a student completes Year 11 (4º ESO), fulfilling all of the necessary requirements to obtain the diploma, they are eligible to request from the Ministry of Education, via High Inspection, “Certification of the Diploma for Secondary School Graduate”.
Requirements for obtaining the ESO Diploma:
- Have passed with a grade of A*, A, B or C four of the official British exams known as IGCSE at the end of Year 11 (Equivalent to 4º of ESO).
- Have passed with a minimum grade of “suficiente” (5) the obligatory Spanish subjects of Spanish Language and Literature and Social Sciences in Year 8, 9, 10, 11 equivalent to 1º, 2º, 3º and 4º of ESO.
When a student completes Year 13 (2º Bachillerato), fulfilling all of the requirements to obtain it, they are eligible to they are eligible to request from the Ministry of Education, via High Inspection, “Certification of the Diploma for Bachillerato”.
Requirements for obtaining the Bachillerato Diploma:
- Have passed with a grade of A*, A, B or C five subjects of the official British exams known as IGCSE at the end of Year 11 (Equivalente a 4º de ESO) or hold the ESO Diploma
- Have passed with a grade of A*, A, B, C, D or E, two subjects of the Official British exams known as A Levels at the end of Year 13.
- The centre requires students to pass the subjects of Spanish Language and Literature in Year 12 and 13 or, alternatively, to pass the A Level exam in Spanish with a grade of A*, A o B.
Following the recommendation of Management of the Office of Inspection, the centre requests both diplomas simultaneously for those students who have completed Year 13.
The centre prepares the necessary documentation in accordance with the guidelines established by the “Office for Education Inspection”, which consists of:
- A certified list of students who are requesting certification.
- Each individual request.
- Academic certification of the four courses that are the equivalent of ESO (Year 8, 9, 10, 11) and of the two courses that are the equivalent of Bachillerato (Year 12, 13) of all of the subjects studied by the students.
- A certified list of the Spanish subjects (Spanish Language and Literature and Social Sciences) during the courses that are the equivalent of ESO and Bachillerato, indicating the average grade for each course during that stage, signed by the head teacher, and the technical director, and including the approval of the corresponding educational authority.
- A photocopy, certified by the centre, of the student’s national identity card.
- Photocopies of original documents, certified by the centre, as well as a legally certified translation, signed and sealed by an official translator, of the “Certificates” of the five IGCSE and two A Levels emitted by Cambridge or Edexcel.
- Official fees paid to obtain the official diploma.
Once these certificates have arrived at the school, we will contact the students so that they can pick them up.